Two Tone Bundt Cake
This is a delicious cake that goes hand in hand with a cup of coffee. A few years ago I changed the shortening in the original recipe (thank you tante Lynda!) to oil and started using less sugar, nobody complained.
I prepare the pan by spraying it generously with Pam© Canola Baking Spray with Flour.
- 1 C. Oil
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 C. Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Water
- 3/4 C. Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixture beat the oil and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mix after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture gradually, alternate with water. Start and end with dry ingredients.
- Pour about 2/3 of batter to pan.
- Add chocolate syrup to the rest of the batter. Pour chocolate mixture into pan, try to create an even layer of the chocolate mixture over the white one.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out dry. Do not over bake.
- Let cake stay in pan for 20 minutes, carefully make sure that cake isn’t stuck to the pan (I bounce it gently a few time to loosen cake up). Invert onto a platter and let cool completely before covering.