This is a simple and basic cake that is perfect for decorating purposes. The picture shows a half of a cake that I made for my son’s half anniversary. But the cake is great also without any decoration especially with a cup of coffee!
Fortunately it is very easy to prepare and there is no need to separate eggs like you would normally with sponge cakes. In order to achieve the light and fluffy texture whole eggs are whipped for 10 minutes, preferably with a standing mixture. During that time you prepare the rest of the ingredients and than you add them one after the other, pour in the pan and in no time the cake is baking in the oven!
The credit goes to my sister in law Esti for the great recipe!
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 1/2 C. orange juice
- 1/2 C. seltzer
- 3/8 C. oil
- 2 1/4 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Turn oven on to 350°
- In the large bowl of the mixer whip whole eggs on high speed for 10 minutes. During this time add sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Lower mixing speed to low. Slowly add liquids.
- Turn mixer off and gradually add flour and baking powder. Mix after each addition.
- Pour into greased 9∗13 pan, two 9″ round pans or any other shape pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry. You can start checking after 40 minutes.