These are a long time favorite in my family. When forming the cookies handle the dough lightly and try to work fast to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. If you find the dough is too sticky cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour. If you double the amount you may want to mix the dough in between batches because the oil starts separating. Bake only until cookies are set as they keep hardening after coming out of the oven.
- 2 1/2 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. oil
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C. molasses
- 1/4 C. maple syrup
- sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- In an electric mixer beat together oil, sugar, egg, molasses and maple syrup.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to mixture.
- Form little balls with your hands, roll the balls in sugar and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookie is set.
- Let cool for a few minutes and move to a cooling rack.